Test your basic knowledge |
Answer 50 questions in 15 minutes.
If you are not ready to take this test, you can
Match each statement with the correct term.
Don't refresh. All questions and answers are randomly picked and ordered every time you load a test.
This is a study tool. The 3 wrong answers for each question are randomly chosen from answers to other questions. So, you might find at times the answers obvious, but you will see it re-enforces your understanding as you take the test each time.
1. Automatically corrects misspellings on common typos
2. What You See Is What You Get. When using most word processors - page layout programs (See desktop publishing) - and web page design programs - words and images will be displayed on the monitor as they will look on the printed page or web page.
3. The screen that shows you what you are doing. It is like a viewer that displays what the computer sends to it.
4. Devices used to store massive amounts of information so that it can be readily retrieved. Devices include RAIDs - CD-ROMs - DVDs
Search & Replace
5. The study and designing of products to help reduce the stress & make a product more comfortable to the user helping increase the users' productivity
6. A file that has been created with an overall layout and format to be used for a group of documents or a generic document.
7. Term used to describe a menu that is contained within another menu
8. A weblog or blog - is a listing of text - images - or other objects that are arranged in a chronological order that first started appearing in 1998.
9. A little device that you move with your hand which then moves the cursor on the screen.
10. Copy of text stored on the computer and only accessible through the computer
Page Setup dialog box
11. When referring to multitasking operating systems - background is the place an active program is running but not seen on the computer
12. A minor show offered in addition to a main exhibition
14. Completes the text for you
15. Data that goes into a computer device.
Cut - Copy & Paste
16. An image usually displayed at the top of a page in a Web site - containing text and design elements (often to identify the site).
17. Microsoft software presentation program that allows a user to create a slide show of important notes that can be easily shown and moved through during a presentation
18. A character that is not a number or a letter
19. Graphical User Interface. A system that simplifies selecting computer commands by enabling the user to point to symbols or illustrations (called icons) on the computer screen with a mouse.
20. Many computers that are connected like a web so you can see what other computer operators show you and you can show them things as well.
21. A key on the numeric keypad that confirms a choice or tells a program you're ready to proceed. In most cases - the Return key also serves this function. The ____ button is used to confirm an entry into an active cell. (in spreadsheet applications)
22. A box that helps you edit the parameters defined by the user that help determine how a printed page will appear.
Page Setup dialog box
23. Hypertext Markup Language. A standard of text markup conventions used for documents on the World Wide Web. Browsers interpret the codes to give the text structure and formatting (such as bold - blue - or italic).
24. Document commonly written in HyperText Markup Language (HTML) that is accessible through the Internet or through another network using a browser
25. Function performed to reverse the action of an earlier action
26. To move the visual portions of a screen up - down - left - or right - in order to see additional information on the monitor.
27. This is a picture or an image.
28. A connection that is established using a modem
29. In mathematics - a sum is the total amount obtained from adding numbers
30. An operating environment created by MS provide an interface known as GUI for IBM compatible computers
31. Cable TV
32. Space separating text or other elements from the edge of the paper commonly adjusted through the page setup.
33. A named sub-window of a frames page. This may be scrollable and resizable and may have a border or outline.
Print dialog box
34. The layout - coloring - font - etc. of a document
35. Any character that is not considered a number or symbol
36. Term used to describe the location or folder that e-mail is received on the computer or a computer program
Typeface & Font
37. Microsoft WordPad is a free rich text editor included with Microsoft Windows 95 - 98 - ME - NT - 2000 - XP - Vista - 7 - and future releases of Microsoft Windows.
38. Receptacle for unwanted items
Drag & Drop
39. Horizontal lines within a chart that make the chart easier to read.
40. When a machine - object etc. is capable of performing a task
41. A box that allows you to close a document or window
42. Alternatively referred to as the arithmetic mean - average is the sum of a series of numbers - divided by the total amount of numbers.
43. Text or an image that is connected by hypertext coding to a different location. By selecting the text or image with a mouse - the computer 'jumps to' (or displays) the linked text.
44. Information that comes from a computer after it has been processed
45. A function similar to the save function that allows a user to specify the name and location of where he or she wishes to save the file before saving it.
46. A computer bridge is a device that connects two local-area networks (LANs) - or two segments of the same LAN.
47. Recording how long something takes
Drag & Drop
48. To workout a mathematical equation
Cell address/cell reference
Typeface & Font
49. A box that allows a change of the format of text that affects the complete paragraph or is different from other paragraphs in a document.
Paragraph dialog box
Personal Letter Format
50. Term used to describe the process of switching between tasks currently running on the computer without affecting any of the tasks.
Communication skills, Self help skills, Self improvement skills, Productivity skills, Writing skills, Business skills, Thinking skills & More...
502 Pages | Only $12 | PDF / EPub, Kindle Ready
hairuwtf - 92%
Link to This Test