Test your basic knowledge |
Cse Computer Science Engineering
Answer 50 questions in 15 minutes.
If you are not ready to take this test, you can
Match each statement with the correct term.
Don't refresh. All questions and answers are randomly picked and ordered every time you load a test.
This is a study tool. The 3 wrong answers for each question are randomly chosen from answers to other questions. So, you might find at times the answers obvious, but you will see it re-enforces your understanding as you take the test each time.
1. Unencrypted readable data
2. Other computers and mobile devices on the networ that rely on the server for its resources
3. Small- high speed storage locations that temporarily hold data and instructions. A part of the processor not memory
4. Builds and maintains lists of words found on websites. Useful for search engines
5. Allows you to insert and remove flash memory and other devoces while the computer is running (flash memory)
6. The code of acceptable behaviors users should follow while on the internet.
Domain name system
7. Controls access to the hardware - software and other resources on a network and provides a centralized storage area for data - programs - and info
8. Simple mail transfer protocol is a communications protocol used by some outgoing mail servers.
9. World wide web consortium oversees research and sets standards for many areas of the internet
10. Perpetrator attempts to obtain your personal or financial info.
twisted pair cable
11. Pressure sensitive eraser shaped pointing device
12. CPU. Interprets and carries out basic instructions that operate the computer. (On motherboard)
13. Latest version of Post office Protocol
Denial of Service attack
14. A metropolitan area network is a high speed netwrok that connects local area networks. contains LANs
15. The operating system interrupts a program that is executing and passes control to another program waiting to be executed. Operating system regains control if one program stops operating properly
16. Hides within or looks like a legitimate program such as a screen saver
cross - platform
17. A collection of computers and devices connected together - via communications devices and transmissions media.
18. Donated for public use has no copyright restrictions
public- domain software...
Dial- up access
19. Saves any open documents and programs to RAM and places computer into a low power state
20. Data that has been processed in a useful form- text - graphics - audio - video
21. Federally funded internet security research and development center
22. Communications activity. Handled by NSFnet.
23. The process of dividing the disk into tracks and sectors
24. Electrical supply drops.can cause data loss but generally not cause equipment damage
25. A cable forms a closed loop with all computers. one direction
Domain name system
26. Graphic file (JPEG - GIF) slowly replacing GIF
27. Technique that some software manufacturers use to ensure the software is not installed on more computers than legally licensed
28. Allows a user to plan schedule and track costs of a project
peer to peer network
project management software...
29. A type of system software that assists users with controlling or maintaining the operation of a computer - its devices - or its software. Helpful in running of application software
30. A type of storage media that consists of flat disc and is written and read by a laser
31. Single chip with two or more processor cores.
multi- core processor
32. Small program that tells the operating system how to communicate with a specific device
33. A stationary pointing devoce with a ball on its top or side with one or two buttons like a mouse.
34. Special software to listen to audio
35. On software is infinitie space and depth for VR
37. A series of related instructions that tells a computer what tasks to perform and how to perform them. They respond to commands
38. May break in to computer to exploit security weakness. financial gains - revenge.
39. A set of programs that coordinates all of the activies among computer hardware devices.
40. Some viruses are hidden in it - which are instructions saved in software such as word processing or spreadsheet program
41. Provides a means of sharing distributing and searching through documents by converting them unti a format that can be viewed by any user.
document management software...
42. Measures the amount of time it takes a storage device to locate an item on a storage medium and the time required to deliver an item from memory to the processor
43. A real time internet communications service where you can talk to people online.
44. Provide Wi Fi to mobile computers or devices
45. Faster - higher quality than ink jet. Uses toner that sticks to the page from a combo of pressure and heat.
Dial- up access
46. Translates the domain name to its associated IP address so that data and information can be routed to the correct computer.
47. Type of system software that allows a user to perform maintenance- type tasks usually related to managing a computer - its devices - or its programs. (transfer photos to an optical disk.
48. Can be peropheral or chip - creates sound from digital instructions.
49. Contain permanently writeen data - instructions - and information
50. Controls access to hardware - software - and other resources on the network and provides a central storage area for programs - data - and info.
liquid flow technology
Top_Quark - 100%
Link to This Test