Test your basic knowledge |
Cse Computer Science Engineering
Answer 50 questions in 15 minutes.
If you are not ready to take this test, you can
Match each statement with the correct term.
Don't refresh. All questions and answers are randomly picked and ordered every time you load a test.
This is a study tool. The 3 wrong answers for each question are randomly chosen from answers to other questions. So, you might find at times the answers obvious, but you will see it re-enforces your understanding as you take the test each time.
1. Latest version of Post office Protocol
2. The design of computers - devices - and media in the network
fiber optic cable
3. Loses its contents when power is turned off (RAM)
4. Provides the user with a physcial response from the device
5. A large expensive powerful computer that can handle hundreds or thousnads of connected users simutaneously
Intrusion detection software...
6. Electronic funds transfer allows users connected to a network to transfer money from one bank account to another via transmission media
7. Pressure sensitive eraser shaped pointing device
Point of Sale terminals
8. Central processing unit- processor- interprets and carries out the basic instructions that operate the computer.
9. A communications device that sends and recieves data and info to and from digital line
dot matrix printer
10. Computer automatically can configure adapter cards and other peripherals as you install them
Plug and Play
11. Occurs when the incoming electrical power increases. Can cause immediate and permanent damage to hardware
fiber optic cable
12. Uses email as a vehicle for extortion. Threaten users if they are not paid a sum of money
13. On software is infinitie space and depth for VR
14. A collection of data organized in a manner that allows access retrieval and use of that data
Denial of Service attack
15. A type of system software that assists users with controlling or maintaining the operation of a computer - its devices - or its software. Helpful in running of application software
16. Type of notebook comp that is smaller and less powerful than a normal notebook comp
17. All computers connected to central device. Hub or switch
online security service
18. An expansion card - a circuit board that enhances functions of a component of the system unit or provides connections to peripherals.
19. They consist entirely of electronic components and contain no moving parts.
solid state media
20. Computer aided manufacturing refers ti the use of computers to assist with manufacturing process.
single user/multitasking operating system allows a single user to work on two or more programs that reside in memory at the same time
Fiber to the Premises
21. Method that uses multiple processors to execute a single program or task requires special software that recognizes how to divide the problemand bring results back together
22. A series of network standards that specifies how two wireless devices communicate over the air with each other. MIMO
23. A know specific pattern of virus code.
24. A small metal or plastic device that uses pressure instead of ink.
25. Uses the cell phone network to connect to the internet wirelessly from a notebook computer - smart phone - or mobile device
26. Computing device small enough to hold in your hand
27. A storage device that typically uses flash memory to store data instructions and information. Faster - use less power - last more than 5 years - higher failure rate - cost much more
solid state drive
28. Protective case for optical discs
29. The number of bytes a storage medium can hold
30. Is a hardware or software that protects a networks resources from intrusion by users on another such as the internet.
31. A web application that combines services from two or more sources creating a new application.
32. Unencrypted readable data
33. Popular for LAN. single central cable.
Dial up modems
34. A device that plugs in a USB port on the system unit and contains multiple USB ports in which you plus cables from USB devices. Self- powered
35. A communications device that can convert digital signals to analog signals and analog signals to digital signals so data can travel along an analog telephone line. In the form of an adapter card you insert in an expansion slot on motherboard.
broadband internet service
Dial up modems
36. Complementary metal oxide semiconductor provides high speeds and consumes little power. Used by RAM - flash memory - and other memory chips. USes battery power
37. Shrinks file sizes - lossy-you will be able to restore the file to its exact original state - lossless - compressed file can be returned to its original state
File compression utility
38. Continues to operate when one of its components fails - ensuring that no data is lost
fault tolerant computer
39. Power on self test to check the various system components and the results are compared with data in a CMOS chip
40. Computer designed so the system unit - input devices - output devices - and any other devices fit entirely on or under a desk or table.
41. A special purpose computer that functions as a component in a larger product. Small with limited hardware
42. Has the illusion of moving images becuase it sends a continuos stream of images
43. Where ram resides - a small circuit board (RIMM - SIMM - DIMM)
44. Privately owned and limited to a specific vendor or computer model.
45. Most computers (on and off)
46. Single inline memory module forms a single set of contacts
47. Moving pictures experts group is a popular video compression standard
48. Does not require a newsreader - easier to use than a newsgroup
49. Major carriers of network traffic
system on a chip
50. A popular digital line alternative for the small business or home user. Transmits at fast speeds on existing standard copper telephone wiring.
Dial Up line
Top_Quark - 100%
Link to This Test