Test your basic knowledge |
Cse Computer Science Engineering
Answer 50 questions in 15 minutes.
If you are not ready to take this test, you can
Match each statement with the correct term.
Don't refresh. All questions and answers are randomly picked and ordered every time you load a test.
This is a study tool. The 3 wrong answers for each question are randomly chosen from answers to other questions. So, you might find at times the answers obvious, but you will see it re-enforces your understanding as you take the test each time.
1. A type of storage media that consists of flat disc and is written and read by a laser
2. Universal serial bus port connects peripherals to the computer
virtual provate network
3. The point at which a peripheral attahes to or communicates with a system unit so that the peripheral can send data or recive info from the computer
4. Internet access that takes place when the modem in your computer connects to the Internet via a standard telephone line that transmits data and information using an analog (continuous wave pattern) signal.
Dial- up access
5. Method that uses multiple processors to execute a single program or task requires special software that recognizes how to divide the problemand bring results back together
6. Special software to listen to audio
7. Transport layer security provides encryption of all data that passes between a client and an internet server - Requires client to have digital certif
single user/multitasking operating system allows a single user to work on two or more programs that reside in memory at the same time
8. Dual inline memory module forms two sets of contact
9. Device that connects to the system unit and is controlled by the processor in the computer. (modem - disk drives - printers)
Point of Sale terminals
10. All computers connected to central device. Hub or switch
11. Hardware - software - data - people - procedures
12. Consists of programs designed to make users more productive and assist them with personal tasks - makes business activites more efficient - to assist with graphics - to support home - personal - and educational tasks - to facilitate communications
13. Anopening inside the system unit in which you can install additional equipment. Different than a slot
14. A light sensing input device that reads printed text and graphics and translates the results into a form the computer can process.
15. A case that contains the electronic components of the computer that are used to process data. (connected to motherboard)
broadband internet service
liquid flow technology
16. Business transaction that occurs over Internet business - consumer consumer- consumer business - business
17. Graphic file (JPEG - GIF) slowly replacing GIF
18. A series of network standards that specifies how two wireless devices communicate over the air with each other. MIMO
Domain name system
19. Integrates the functions of a processor - memory and a video card on a single chip.
system on a chip
20. Computer designed so the system unit - input devices - output devices - and any other devices fit entirely on or under a desk or table.
dot matrix printer
21. Electronic funds transfer allows users connected to a network to transfer money from one bank account to another via transmission media
22. Uses devices that emit and sense light to detect the mouses movement
23. Latest version of Post office Protocol
24. A real time internet communications service where you can talk to people online.
25. A small flat rectangular pointing device that is sensitive to pressure and motion.
26. Network attached storage is a server connected to a network with the sole purpose of providing storage. often use RAID configuration
dot matrix printer
27. Contains 10 or fewer comps - with similar reponsibilities and capabilities
peer to peer network
28. Where ram resides - a small circuit board (RIMM - SIMM - DIMM)
29. The fastest most powerful computer
30. Communications device that connects multiple computers or other routers together and transmits data to its correct destination on a network
31. A motion sensing mouse - allows you to control objects by moving the mouse in predetermined directions through air
Dial up modems
32. CPU. Interprets and carries out basic instructions that operate the computer. (On motherboard)
33. One or more computers on the network request services from the server. 10 or more computers
34. Builds and maintains lists of words found on websites. Useful for search engines
35. Needed generally to participate in a newsgroup
36. Enahnces the sound generating capabilites of a personal computer
37. Application software that allows users to access and view Web Pages (Intenet Explorer - Firefox - Safari)
38. A business that gathers and organizes web content and then distributs the content to subscribers for free or a fee
39. Rambus inline memory module house RDRAM chips
40. Operating system on mobile devices that generally resides on ROM
Dial Up line
embedded operating system
41. Used to gain competitive advantage
42. Provids mobile users with a secure connection to the company server as if the user has a private line.
virtual provate network
fault tolerant computer
43. Copyrighted software provided at no cost by company that retains all rights to software
44. Contains many microscopic pathways capable of carrying an electrical current
45. Many scanners have this optical character recognition software which can read and convert text documents into electronic files. Includes a small optical scanner for reading characters
46. Can be peropheral or chip - creates sound from digital instructions.
47. Online service provider- has many members features along with internet access such as IM or Web browsers.
48. Transmission control protocol is a netwrok standard that defines how data are routed from one end of a network to another - ensuring data arrives correctly. Packet switching
49. Provides a means of sharing distributing and searching through documents by converting them unti a format that can be viewed by any user.
document management software...
50. Same intent as cracker but does not have technical skills and knowledge. Often use prewritten hacking
Top_Quark - 100%
Link to This Test