Test your basic knowledge |
Cse Computer Science Engineering
Answer 50 questions in 15 minutes.
If you are not ready to take this test, you can
Match each statement with the correct term.
Don't refresh. All questions and answers are randomly picked and ordered every time you load a test.
This is a study tool. The 3 wrong answers for each question are randomly chosen from answers to other questions. So, you might find at times the answers obvious, but you will see it re-enforces your understanding as you take the test each time.
1. Uses the cell phone network to connect to the internet wirelessly from a notebook computer - smart phone - or mobile device
2. The fastest most powerful computer
Top level domain
dot matrix printer
3. Controls access to the hardware - software and other resources on a network and provides a centralized storage area for data - programs - and info
4. Saves any open documents and programs to RAM and places computer into a low power state
5. A web application that combines services from two or more sources creating a new application.
6. One or more computers on the network request services from the server. 10 or more computers
7. Is an online area in which isers have wrtten discussions about a particular subject.
8. Retains existing application software and data files even if you can change computer models or vendors
twisted pair cable
9. Characteristics include capacity - platters - read/write heads - cylinders - sectors and tracks - rpm - transfer rate - and access time
10. Electronic data interchange which defines how data transmits across telephone lines or other means. Minimal peperwork for businesses
File compression utility
11. A part of the motherboard and connects the processor to main memory
12. A series of related instructions that tells a computer what tasks to perform and how to perform them. They respond to commands
13. Hardware - software - data - people - procedures
fault tolerant computer
14. Many scanners have this optical character recognition software which can read and convert text documents into electronic files. Includes a small optical scanner for reading characters
15. Measures the amount of time it takes a storage device to locate an item on a storage medium and the time required to deliver an item from memory to the processor
16. Instead of port - jack is used to identify audio or video ports.
Dial- up access
17. A technique intruders use to make their network or Internet transmission appear legitimate to a victim computer or network. email spoofing. IP spoofing
18. Online service provider- has many members features along with internet access such as IM or Web browsers.
19. Loses its contents when power is turned off (RAM)
fault tolerant computer
20. Short for key generator creats software registration numbers and sometimes activation codes.
21. A device that enables you to join a port and a connector that are both male or female
22. Does not lose its contents when power is turned off (permanent - ROM - flash memory - CMOS)
23. Data that has been processed in a useful form- text - graphics - audio - video
liquid flow technology
24. A case that contains the electronic components of the computer that are used to process data. (connected to motherboard)
25. Program that euns only on a specific type or make of computer
26. Started the internet as a networking project
27. Enahnces the sound generating capabilites of a personal computer
28. Hardware componenet that enables a computer to transmit and recieve data - instructions - and info to and from computers.
29. Local area network- network tat connects computers and devices in a limited geographical area such as a home
cross - platform
data collection device
30. Digital light processor uses tiny mirrors to reflect light
31. Impact printer that uses tiny wire pins on a print head mechanism to stike an inked ribbon
dot matrix printer
32. Magentic ink character recognition devices read text printed with magnetized ink. Readers read numbers at the bottom of the checks
33. Determines the number of bits that can be transmitted at one time
34. A program or set of instructions in a program that allow users to bypass security controls when accessing a program - computer - or network. A rootkit can be a back door
Dial up modems
35. Transmission control protocol is a netwrok standard that defines how data are routed from one end of a network to another - ensuring data arrives correctly. Packet switching
Fiber to the Premises
36. Anopening inside the system unit in which you can install additional equipment. Different than a slot
37. Dozens or hundreds of thin strands of glass or plastic that use light to transmit signal. Carries more signals - faster - less noise - better security - smaller size
fiber optic cable
38. Fetching - decoding - executing - storing
Plug and Play
39. Magnetoresistive ram- stores data using magnetic charges not electrical. Retains contents after power is out
40. Needed generally to participate in a newsgroup
41. Computer automatically can configure adapter cards and other peripherals as you install them
Plug and Play
Point of Sale terminals
42. Case of the system unit to protect internal damage
43. Internet teephony- enables users to speak to other users over the internet
project management software...
44. Uses radio waves to transmit data between two devices.
45. Computer designed so the system unit - input devices - output devices - and any other devices fit entirely on or under a desk or table.
46. Initiates an instruction to transmit data - instructions - or information.
broadband internet service
47. The destructive event or prank the program intended to deliver
48. Latest version of Post office Protocol
49. Contains many microscopic pathways capable of carrying an electrical current
virtual provate network
50. Transmission media on which the data - instructions - information travel.
The First & Only Encyclopedia of Self Help,
Self Improvement & Career Advice
250+ Easy-to-Follow Guides
5000+ Proven Tips
13 Types of Essential Skills Covered
Get The Value of 100+ Best Books in 1 Book.
502 Pages | $3.99 | PDF / EPub, Kindle Ready
Top_Quark - 100%
Link to This Test