Test your basic knowledge |
Cse Computer Science Engineering
Answer 50 questions in 15 minutes.
If you are not ready to take this test, you can
Match each statement with the correct term.
Don't refresh. All questions and answers are randomly picked and ordered every time you load a test.
This is a study tool. The 3 wrong answers for each question are randomly chosen from answers to other questions. So, you might find at times the answers obvious, but you will see it re-enforces your understanding as you take the test each time.
1. Popular for LAN. single central cable.
2. Graphical User interface - interact with software using text - graphics - and icons
3. Connects the processor to cache.
4. Universal serial bus port connects peripherals to the computer
5. Any unwanted signal usually varying quickly
6. Electronic funds transfer allows users connected to a network to transfer money from one bank account to another via transmission media
7. Network attached storage is a server connected to a network with the sole purpose of providing storage. often use RAID configuration
8. Uses the cell phone network to connect to the internet wirelessly from a notebook computer - smart phone - or mobile device
9. Case of the system unit to protect internal damage
virtual provate network
10. Really simple syndication is a specification that many content aggregatorsuse to distribute content to subscribers
pretty good Privacy
11. World wide web consortium oversees research and sets standards for many areas of the internet
12. Computer aided manufacturing refers ti the use of computers to assist with manufacturing process.
Top level domain
13. Reorganizing it so that the files are store in continous sectors
14. A number that uniquely identifies each computer or device connected to the internet (0-255)
15. Major carriers of network traffic
16. Errors that can be recognized by automatic update
17. Digital video intefaceenables digital signals to translate directly to the LCD monitor.
18. Controls access to hardware - software - and other resources on the network and provides a central storage area for programs - data - and info.
19. The operating system interrupts a program that is executing and passes control to another program waiting to be executed. Operating system regains control if one program stops operating properly
20. An electrical disturbance that can degrade communications
21. Central communications device that allows computers and devices to transfer data wirelessly among themselves or to transfer data wirelessly to a wired network.
wireless access point
22. Uses devices that emit and sense light to detect the mouses movement
23. A program that restricts access to certain material on the web
embedded operating system
24. A communications device that can convert digital signals to analog signals and analog signals to digital signals so data can travel along an analog telephone line. In the form of an adapter card you insert in an expansion slot on motherboard.
Dial up modems
25. A program placed on a computer without the users knowledge that secretly collects info about the user often related to web browsing habits.
26. Small program that tells the operating system how to communicate with a specific device
27. A collection of data organized in a manner that allows access retrieval and use of that data
embedded operating system
28. Text version of an IP address
29. A single user license agreement typically includes many of the following conditions that specify a users responsibility upon acceptance of the agreement
30. Small capacity built directly in the processor chip
31. Optical disk drive - hard disk drive - usb flash drive - card reader/writer - memory cards - external hard disk.
single user/multitasking operating system allows a single user to work on two or more programs that reside in memory at the same time
33. 8 bits grouped together. basic storage unit in memory. Each byte has an address
Denial of Service attack
34. A light sensing input device that reads printed text and graphics and translates the results into a form the computer can process.
35. A legal agreement that permits users to install the software on multiple computers.
36. A series of related instructions that tells a computer what tasks to perform and how to perform them. They respond to commands
37. Sends documents to be printed to a buffer instead of sending them immediately to the printer.
38. A utility that reorgnizes the files and unused space on a computers hard disk so that the operating system accesses data quickly and programs run faster
39. Organization that sells and manages domain names
40. Central processing unit- processor- interprets and carries out the basic instructions that operate the computer.
41. Acts as an electronic switch that opens or closes the circuit for electrical charges
42. Human speech is bc of its continous signal that vary in strength and quality
Fiber to the Premises
fault tolerant computer
43. Smaller than heat sink cools processors in notebook comps
44. Basic input/output systemis firmware that contains the computers startup instructions
45. Allows the processor to communicate with peripherals.
Fiber to the Premises
46. Single inline memory module forms a single set of contacts
47. Same intent as cracker but does not have technical skills and knowledge. Often use prewritten hacking
48. Written by virus author that can damage computer by infecting a computer negatively by altering the way computer works without the users knowledge knowledge or permission.
49. Federally funded internet security research and development center
liquid flow technology
50. Graphic file (JPEG - GIF) slowly replacing GIF
13 Skills Types | 550 Pages | Only $9.95 | PDF / EPub, Kindle Ready
Top_Quark - 100%
Link to This Test