Test your basic knowledge |
Basic English Words For All
Answer 50 questions in 15 minutes.
If you are not ready to take this test, you can
Match each statement with the correct term.
Don't refresh. All questions and answers are randomly picked and ordered every time you load a test.
This is a study tool. The 3 wrong answers for each question are randomly chosen from answers to other questions. So, you might find at times the answers obvious, but you will see it re-enforces your understanding as you take the test each time.
1. From Uruguay
2. Bag used for carying things on your back
from nine until 10 o'clock
3. Of a high temperature
4. Opposite of romantic
5. Bed and breakfast ; a small hotel or private house where you can stay for the night and have breakfast before you leave.
6. Opposite : beautiful
7. Knowledge about the world - based on examining - testing and proving facts
8. One of the many substances in food and in the ground that you need to be healthy. (mineraal)
9. System of communication by written and spoken words - which is used ina particular country or area
10. The sport of flying using equipment without an engine that looks like a kite
11. A long narrow metal or plastic object with two rows of teeth - used for closing or opening something - especially a piece of clothing.
12. Building where you can stay for a short time
13. Very unkind - unpleansant and shocking;often used for a taste that stays in the mouth or an event when people are hurt.
14. Cold or calm and relaxed - or fashionable/good
15. To get things and keep them together
16. Like very much
17. Country of an Argentinian
18. A large and important town
19. A set of page that gives information
20. The process of watching something/ someone carefully over a period of time
number one hit
21. A thin book in which you write somethings to remember
22. A strong hard cap to protect your head
23. Describes someone who embarrassed and not willing to talk to people
24. Short coat
25. Someone who lives next to you or very near
26. A large forest in hot - wet countries with very tall trees
27. Opposite of possible
28. Not old
29. The place with equipment you can use to get fit and healthy
30. A long - flat piece you use to draw or measure lines
31. Extremely attractive so that you like it very much; often used for a building or a view
32. A building that belongs to a company or organisation - with rooms where people can work at desks
listen to music
a quarter to nine
33. Game when 2 team try to throw the ball through a high net
34. A piece of clothing that covers a woman's body and her legs
35. Piece of clothing that covers the body from the waist to the feet - divided into separate parts for each leg. They are worn by men and women.
36. Slightly fat
37. Of a low temperature
38. A small container like a paper bag
39. Unhappy and wanting to cry
40. Very unpleasant used for a taste - smell - experience - situation or event
41. A solid food prepared from the pressed curd of milk
42. Not well
44. Country of the British
45. The main meal of the day
46. Someone you know and enjoy being with
47. A game played between 2 teams who try to kick the ball into a wide net.
I don't mind
48. Tell someone about your ideas about what they should do - where they should go etc.
49. To enter a country with an army in order to take control of it
50. Something you wear on your feet - usually over socks.
Tiny Skills: 250+ Skill Guides in 1 Book
13 Skills Types | 550 Pages | Only $9.95 | PDF / EPub, Kindle Ready
xblyden - 98%
Link to This Test