Test your basic knowledge |
Basic English Words For All
Answer 50 questions in 15 minutes.
If you are not ready to take this test, you can
Match each statement with the correct term.
Don't refresh. All questions and answers are randomly picked and ordered every time you load a test.
This is a study tool. The 3 wrong answers for each question are randomly chosen from answers to other questions. So, you might find at times the answers obvious, but you will see it re-enforces your understanding as you take the test each time.
1. Someone who write novels or stories
2. Metal blade fixed into a handle - used for cutting
3. A military ship that can stay under water
4. Meal of eggs mixed together and cooked in oil
5. From India
7. Activity that is a compition between players or teams
playing a game
8. Persons from Scotland
9. A game for 2 players who move pieces on a board to try to trap a piece called the king
10. A shop where you can buy all kinds of things for your animals at home
a piece of information
11. Most important city in the country
12. When a person or animals comes out of their mother's body or egg.
13. In or to every place
in the evening
14. 1. get a fish 2. to get hold of and stop an object such as a ball moving through the air
15. Describes something of the highest standard or most enjoyable
16. Big town
17. Activity of looking at beautiful or famous places when you are on holiday
18. A folded card in which you can keep loose papers
19. A shape of a dead person that some people say they can see
20. Really not like
21. A set of rooms on one floor
from nine until 10 o'clock
22. The father of someone's mother or father
23. Move your legs faster than walking
24. Indoor game played on a table by 2 or 4 players who hit a small plastic ball to eachother across a net
25. Bed and breakfast ; a small hotel or private house where you can stay for the night and have breakfast before you leave.
26. Opposite : beautiful
27. A piece of material you use to remove pencil marks from paper
28. Before twelve o'clock
in the morning
29. Describes someone who tells the truth
30. A person who cuts up and sells meat as a job
31. A narrow cloth that a man wears around his neck under the collar of his shirt.It is tied with a knot.
32. Not interesting
in the morning
33. Someone who write a book -article - play -etc.
34. In stories and film - someone who can do strange and impossible things
35. Unhappy and wanting to cry
36. Opposite of important
37. Opposite of helpful
38. A place with fences where you can watch wild animals
39. Science of numbers and shapes
of all time
40. A building where children have lessons
41. 6.30 h.
half past six
I don't mind
42. 1.a long wooden stick used in some sports and games - like cricket or baseball 2. a round flat piece of wood used to hit the ball in table tennis
43. Land that is owned or controlled by a particular country - ruler or military force
44. A thing no matter what
45. Unpleasant in a way that makes you nervous or frightened
46. Short trousers that end at or above the knees
47. Activity of walking in the mountains - as an adventure
48. Very high hill
49. The game when players hit a ball over a net with a racket
50. Opposite of exciting
Communication skills, Self help skills, Self improvement skills, Productivity skills, Writing skills, Business skills, Thinking skills & More...
502 Pages | Only $12 | PDF / EPub, Kindle Ready
xblyden - 98%
Link to This Test