Test your basic knowledge |
Basic English Words For All
Answer 50 questions in 15 minutes.
If you are not ready to take this test, you can
Match each statement with the correct term.
Don't refresh. All questions and answers are randomly picked and ordered every time you load a test.
This is a study tool. The 3 wrong answers for each question are randomly chosen from answers to other questions. So, you might find at times the answers obvious, but you will see it re-enforces your understanding as you take the test each time.
1. From Europe
the best ever
2. 8.45 h.
date of birth
a quarter to nine
3. A book that tells what has happened in someone's life - written by someone else
do something in a big way
4. Legal status of being a citizen of a particular country
I don't mind
5. A small plastic card that you use to buy things now and pay for them later.
6. Very good -in an UNEXPECTED way
7. Heavy military vehicle with a large gun and runs on two metal belts fitted over its wheels
8. A hard hat that protects your head
9. The area of land next to the sea
10. Activity of riding on a horse
11. To see and notice something
12. A container made of paper - plastic -etc. with straight sides.
13. Water that falls in small drops from clouds
14. Travel through the air like a bird or in a plane
15. A place with many houses - streets and shops - etc.
16. Describes someone who doesn't smile - or a statement that isn't funny
in the afternoon
17. E.g. to use something which is typical of what you are talking about.
18. Cold or calm and relaxed - or fashionable/good
19. A book that explains the meaning of words
20. Meal of eggs mixed together and cooked in oil
21. Not like something
22. A thin book with a paper cover and many pictures in it
23. A table for work in school or office
24. The first meal of the day (usually in the morning)
25. Building where films are shown
26. A shape with four straight sides of equal length
27. From Japan
28. A place where you take your car and fill it with fuel
29. Extremely popular song
number one hit
30. Someone who tells the actors and cameramen what to do in a film or play.
31. Sport when you wear skis and a boat pulls you on the water
32. To get points or goals in a game
33. A part of some food that helps others to pass through your body easily. (vezel)
listen to music
34. Describes someone - a way of speaking - etc. that is pleasant and doesn't upset people
35. A military force that is trained to fight on land in a war
36. The sport of doing special exercises and movements
37. A building where you can see art
38. A paper that describes your education - interests - experience etc.
39. A room that you have lessons in
40. The place with equipment you can use to get fit and healthy
41. The act of inventing (noun)
42. Country of a Frenchman
43. From Turkey
44. Having qualities considered to be typical of men
45. From Canada
46. A building where you can see and buy art
47. Physical activity including games -athletics and competitions
48. Not useful
49. A huge - ugly creature
50. Part of your body in the middle of your arm
13 Skills Types | 550 Pages | Only $9.95 | PDF / EPub, Kindle Ready
xblyden - 98%
Link to This Test