Test your basic knowledge |
Basic English Words For All
Answer 50 questions in 15 minutes.
If you are not ready to take this test, you can
Match each statement with the correct term.
Don't refresh. All questions and answers are randomly picked and ordered every time you load a test.
This is a study tool. The 3 wrong answers for each question are randomly chosen from answers to other questions. So, you might find at times the answers obvious, but you will see it re-enforces your understanding as you take the test each time.
1. A small round object that is used for fastening clothes by pushing it through a hole.
2. To make - design or think of a new type of thing (verb0
3. Popular in a particular time
4. A large forest in hot - wet countries with very tall trees
listen to music
5. A small plastic card that you use to buy things now and pay for them later.
do something in a big way
6. Unit for messuring temperature
7. Building where you can get or keep your money
9. Making pictures with a pen or pencil
10. Game when 2 players hit a small black ball against the wall
11. part of a system - plan - piece of work etc.- chemical substance
12. Very unpleasant used for a taste - smell - experience - situation or event
13. A piece of clothing for women that hangs from the waist and is not joined between the legs.
14. Small restaurant where you buy drinks and eat simple meals
15. Piece of clothing that covers your hand
16. Sport of moving on boots with metal blades or small wheels on the bottom
17. A person who cuts up and sells meat as a job
18. To enter a country with an army in order to take control of it
19. Bed and breakfast ; a small hotel or private house where you can stay for the night and have breakfast before you leave.
one thing is..
20. Kind of tall shoe
21. Good-looking used for women
22. To spend a lot of money - energy - etc - on it
do something in a big way
23. A piece of writing with words put in a particular way to state an idea or feeling - often the sentences rhyme.
24. A very small town in the countryside
26. The winner of a competition
27. Activity that is a compition between players or teams
of all time
playing a game
28. Some one who runs in a race
29. A building where people pay to stay the night and eat meals
30. To be or go on a holiday in Africa looking at big wild animals
31. Describes someone who makes a lot of unpleasant sounds
32. There has never been any better before
the best ever
33. Hair that grows in the shape of curves
34. Someone who studies at a college or university
35. Extremely cold or covered in ice
36. 1.a long wooden stick used in some sports and games - like cricket or baseball 2. a round flat piece of wood used to hit the ball in table tennis
37. Known by people all over the world
38. A set of rooms on one floor
39. A small flat - round piece used in ice hockey
40. A game when 2 teams push or smash a ball over a high net.
41. The long and fat part on your foot
42. Opposite of hard-working
43. Describes someone who always wants others to obey their rules
44. New machines - equipment and ways of doing things that are based on modern knowledge about science and computers
45. Room in a hotel for one person
46. Scribes something that is a long distance from one side to the other
47. Failure to win
a quarter past eight
48. Country of a Dane
49. Piece of clothing that covers your upper part of your body.
50. Not making a lot of noise
GET PROVEN ADVICE FROM 100+ BEST
BOOKS IN 1 BOOK
The World's First & Only Encyclopedia of
Self Help, Self Improvement & Career Advice
250+ Easy-to-Follow Guides
5000+ Proven Tips
13 Types of Essential Skills
502 Pages | Just $3.99 | PDF / EPub, Kindle Ready
xblyden - 98%
Link to This Test