Test your basic knowledge |
Basic English Words For All
Answer 50 questions in 15 minutes.
If you are not ready to take this test, you can
Match each statement with the correct term.
Don't refresh. All questions and answers are randomly picked and ordered every time you load a test.
This is a study tool. The 3 wrong answers for each question are randomly chosen from answers to other questions. So, you might find at times the answers obvious, but you will see it re-enforces your understanding as you take the test each time.
1. To see and notice something
2. One of the 4 parts a year is devided into - each part has a particular type of weather
3. Electronic instrument similar to the piano that can produce sounds like many different instruments
4. A soft shirt that usually has short sleeves and no collar.
5. A small creature with 8 legs - which catches insect by using a fine network of sticky threads( a web)
6. From Ukraine
7. The first part of a meal
8. A piece of clothing made of cotton that you wear on the upper part of your body for exercise or informal activities.
9. Piece of clothing that covers the body from the waist to the feet - divided into separate parts for each leg. They are worn by men and women.
the best ever
10. A place with fences where you can watch wild animals
11. Describes something that doesn't cost a lot of money
12. Travelling for pleasure with little money -and carrying a rucksack
13. Land that is owned or controlled by a particular country - ruler or military force
14. I am willing to do something
I don't mind
15. A building where you can see and buy art
16. Not a thing
17. Activity of making pictures using paint
a quarter past eight
18. In /at any place
19. Opposite : beautiful
20. Country of an Irishman
21. The sport of moving on water using a board with a sail
22. To move quickly up and down from a surface after hitting it
23. An active diversion requiring physical exertion and competition in e.g. running - throwing -jumping
24. Opposite of exciting
25. The place /building where you live
26. Relating to Denmark
27. From Africa
28. Known by many people
29. Country of a Dutchman
30. Area next to the sea
31. A place/ business where you can buy things
32. Physical exercises you do with music - usually in a class
33. Sport of moving on boots with metal blades or small wheels on the bottom
34. Extremely good - attractive -enjoyable
in the afternoon
35. Thin smooth cloth made from the fibres produced by a silkworm
36. Decribes food that tastes very good
37. A place where you take your car and fill it with fuel
of all time
38. Covered with mud - dust -old food - etc.
39. Jewellery worn around your neck
40. Carrying radiation - a form of energy that can harm living things
41. Sitting or lying in the sun especially in order to become brown
42. Someone who cares for sick people as a job
a big break
43. Travel through the air like a bird or in a plane
44. From India
45. Country of a Ukrainian
46. Extremely cold or covered in ice
47. Very unkind - unpleansant and shocking;often used for a taste that stays in the mouth or an event when people are hurt.
48. A hard hat that protects your head
49. Person who studies or teaches mathematics or is a specialist in it
50. Light in colour - synonym: fair
Tiny Skills: 250+ Skill Guides in 1 Book
13 Skills Types | 550 Pages | Only $9.95 | PDF / EPub, Kindle Ready
xblyden - 98%
Link to This Test