Test your basic knowledge |
Answer 50 questions in 15 minutes.
If you are not ready to take this test, you can
Match each statement with the correct term.
Don't refresh. All questions and answers are randomly picked and ordered every time you load a test.
This is a study tool. The 3 wrong answers for each question are randomly chosen from answers to other questions. So, you might find at times the answers obvious, but you will see it re-enforces your understanding as you take the test each time.
1. Live together
2. Insightful; showing a good ability at perceiving and understanding; aware; wise; of perception
3. Of or like an uncle
5. Hiding place; V.
6. Injure; hurt; damage
7. Evidence concerning one's authority; written proof of a person's position; Ex. The new ambassador presented his credentials to the court.
8. Widespread; affecting the majority of people; N: pandemic disease; CF. all people
9. Inclined to; likely to (suffer); prostrate; lying with the front downward; Ex. prone to disease/make mistakes; Ex. accident-prone
10. Shake or move unsteadily; sway as if about to fall
11. Attractive (in personality or appearance)
12. Immediate insight; power of knowing without reasoning; ADJ. intuitive; V. intuit: know by intuition
13. Physically strong; brawny; steadfast; strong in mind or determination; Ex. stalwart supporter; N: stalwart follower
14. Pale purple
15. Make (a piece of needlework) by looping thread with a hooked needle; N. CF. crotchet
16. Periodic; on and off; stopping and starting at intervals
17. Introductory; of a preface
18. Soothing or mild (food); agreeable; causing no trouble or offence
19. Marked by commotion or uproar; very noisy (esp. with laughter); hilarious; causing loud laughter; extremely funny
20. Tranquillity; calmness
21. Deceptive; likely to delude; misleading; raising vain hopes; Ex. delusive promises
22. Dead; no longer in use or existence
23. Particular variety of art or literature
24. Secret; hidden; not public; made a participant in something secret; Ex. privy chamber government; Ex. be privy to a discussion; CF. private
25. Be unfaithful; reveal (unconsciously or unwillingly); Ex. Her trembling hands betray her anxiety.
26. Of hidden meaning and spiritual power; Ex. mystic ceremonies; N. CF. mysticism
27. One who has equal standing with another; nobleman; V: look intently; N. peerage; CF. peeress
28. Make young again
29. Jaunty; stylish; sporty; morally corrupt; dissolute; Ex. He wore his hat at a rakish and jaunty angle.
30. Businessperson (who assumes the risk of a business venture); contractor; ADJ. entrepreneurial
31. Proper (in behavior - conduct - or appearance)
32. Roman army officer (commanding a company of about 100 soldiers)
33. Someone easily fooled or deceived; V: deceive
34. Piebald; variegated(many-colored); multicolored
35. Conventions; moral standards; moral customs
36. Mournful; sorrowful
38. Self-satisfaction; smugness; ADJ. complacent
39. Take part in a conspiracy; (of events) work together; combine; Ex. Events conspired to produce great difficulties.
40. Explanatory list of symbols on a map
41. Having great weight; weighty; unwieldy; lacking lightness; dull; Ex. ponderous body/style of writing
42. Kind in a generous way (to someone less important)
43. Lie down
44. Small weakness of character; slight fault; CF. feeble
45. Liberate; free from chains; V. unfetter
46. Travel; journey; V: make a long difficult journey
47. Daring; bold; N. audacity
48. Rotate swiftly; make (thread) by twisting (cotton - wool - etc.); N.
49. Suffer (harm or loss); experience; support; prop; maintain; keep in existence; nourish (to maintain life); Ex. sustain the family/the trapped miners
50. Unable for the moment to speak (because of strong feeling); Ex. speechless with anger
Tiny Skills: 250+ Skill Guides in 1 Book
13 Skills Types | 550 Pages | Only $9.95 | PDF / EPub, Kindle Ready
dustysunlight - 100%
Link to This Test