Test your basic knowledge |
SAT Critical Reading Vocab
Answer 50 questions in 15 minutes.
If you are not ready to take this test, you can
Match each statement with the correct term.
Don't refresh. All questions and answers are randomly picked and ordered every time you load a test.
This is a study tool. The 3 wrong answers for each question are randomly chosen from answers to other questions. So, you might find at times the answers obvious, but you will see it re-enforces your understanding as you take the test each time.
1. Rude because sth done quickly or using very few words
2. (formal) a costumer
3. The quality of being loyal to sb/sth
4. A fake name of a criminal or actor
5. An animal or a plant of parents from different species
wax and wane
6. Not enough
7. Not noticeable or obvious
8. A person living in a country that's not their own
9. Wipe out
10. Understood or experienced by only a small group of people who share a particular area of knowledge on or activity
11. St that can be measured and used as a standard that other things can be compared with
12. A fragrant extract or essential oil obtained from the root of an Indian grass - used in perfumery and aromatherapy
13. (formal) to form an opinion about sth even though you do not have much information on it
14. The sate of not having any energy or enthusiasm for doing things
15. To establish sth very firmly so that it's very difficult to change
16. To be worried and anxious
17. Careful in what you say or do to keep sth secret
18. To praise sb/sth very much
19. (man) to sing or play music to a woman of his love outside under the window
20. Common - widespread
21. To pretend to have a particular feeling
22. Hesitating before doing sth because you don't want to do it or because you aren't sure that if it's the right thing to do
23. To reduce sth by a large amount so that there's not enough left
24. (formal - approving) never giving up or getting tired of doing st
25. Belonging to a particular place rather than coming to it from somewhere else (= native)
26. To strongly criticize sb/sth that you think is wrong - illegal - etc.
27. An idea - a belief or an understanding of shth
wax and wane
28. Not needed or useful
29. (of actions that are considered bad) done in an obvious and open way without caring if people are shocked
30. To smile widely
32. Attack or criticize sb/sth severely on public
33. Someone who releases people from captivity or bondage
34. A natural or artificial lake that keeps water before it is taken by pipes to houses - etc.
35. To copy sth exactly
36. Short fight between groups (clash=conflict)
37. Speed in doing sth - especially because you do not have enough time
38. To look like or be similar to another person or thing
39. To suddenly cause sth bad to happen
40. Having a good effect on sb/sth - though often seeming unpleasant
41. (formal) to start to do sth new or difficult
42. Sensible and careful when you make judgments and decisions - avoiding unnecessary risks
43. A lack of sth
44. To move in an awkward way - pushing people around out of the way or crash into them
45. Outstanding; greatest in importance or degree or significance or achievement
46. A gradual decline of sth
47. (formal) to prove that sth is wrong; to say that sth is not true or fair
48. A fact or an event in nature or society - especially one that is not fully understand
49. To produce a book - list - report - etc. by bringing together different items - articles - songs - etc.
50. A political situation in which people are angry and likely to pretest or fight
Communication skills, Self help skills, Self improvement skills, Productivity skills, Writing skills, Business skills, Thinking skills & More...
502 Pages | Only $12 | PDF / EPub, Kindle Ready
Jennib - 96%
Link to This Test